Tuesday, July 15, 2008

what if you don't have a key for the door you're supposed to open next?

Ah. What a relaxing evening. I got back from work, and then ate the rest of my favorite dish. Lemon Kalamata Chicken FTW. I did a little more blog browsing, and I found one that was interesting. It looks like she is just getting started, but some of the posts were very very interesting. It reminded me of my Inequality in Sport class that I took. I loved that class. I loved the paper that I got to write for it.

I am proud of that paper! I got a perfect on it, and everyone else was upset because she graded hard. I kind of felt like an over-achiever, and usually I'm not. I'm usually the one that hates the kid that put it all out there. I guess I just really enjoyed the class. Maybe the people that do really well in certain classes really enjoy them.

Back to my night. I went to WALL*E. It was good! I find movies that have little words in them interesting. It is great how much humans can communicate without even saying anything. It reminded me of the movie Will Smith was in. I am blanking on the name, but he is supposedly the last one on the Earth. I'm going to go look it up. It just came to me; I am Legend. That movie was primarily "unspoken" for a large portion.

Today felt like Wednesday at work. Tomorrow really is Wednesday. Yikes. I like how WALL*E pointed out things about American society. All of the trash piling up and the fat people. Normally I don't really watch movies for the literary qualities (or themes), but there were quite a few in this movie that were hard not to notice.

At one point I felt like I could relate to WALL*E because of all the things he did for EVE. I hope it didn't show at all during the movie. I think what happened is exactly what will happen to me, but I don't think that anything will spark me to remember. I'll just go back to compacting the trash and making cubes. Hope I didn't spoil the movie for anyone who hasn't seen it. Just think about Jarod as WALL*E when you watch it. You'll get the big picture. I'm no hero; that isn't what it is about, and "No." I am not asking for anyone to feel sorry. It is life, and I did my best.

I've started to begin to (wow if that isn't repetitive) plan my August. I think I'm going to the Badlands (alone or with someone else I'm going). I was looking at the state park etc. before I left work. I've got a lot going on, and I really need to explain it all sometime. I'll leave that to talk about as the stuff happens.

Tomorrow I'm cooking. I'm excited. I'm going to make Chicken Alfredo, and a Corn Casserole of some sort. They're from the book I checked out from the Library. The rest of this week is going to be exciting. Tonight was kick-ass. I might go read now; it doesn't look like anyone is online to chat with.

No comments: