Monday, July 7, 2008

i'm waiting for the words to come around

Monday is kind of finished. At least the work part of it! It was an interesting day. I got paid again. The lady that I work with and I went down to the bank to make sure we'd get the money. I felt kind of weird carrying over fifteen hundred in my wallet. It was kind of fun; I've never had that much cash on me in person. I felt special!

I took it directly to my bank though; so I only had it for about 20 minutes, but still it was fun. Now I have plenty of money! I also activated my credit card today. I wanted to wait until I got more money. They lady tried to get me to sign up for all this crap on the phone. I just said I'd rather not pay extra for that crap. The air is kind of not working well. It is a crappy unit. A window unit would be better than the central air we have.

Swing dance lessons here in a few. It is going to be hot and muggy, but it will be worth it! I put some alcohol on my knee this morning to make sure it wouldn't get infected. It stung, but now I know it is clean. It has scabbed over also, so it isn't as bloody looking as the picture below.

Last night was kind of warm, and I couldn't sleep very well. Tonight is going to be worse. I should go buy another fan or something. I don't really like the direct airflow on me, but I guess I might have to do it for a few days. Either that or I could sleep in the office at work :-/. That wouldn't be any fun.

This week is going to action packed; I knew July would be busier, but I didn't think it would be this exciting. I forgot to mention I ordered a microcontroller today at work. That should keep me busy for a week or two. I think it is going to be crunch time soon. By the time all the parts come in I'll only have a little bit of time to get everything I need done. It will take me at least 40 hours to get the microcontroller down, and then I have to write my program on it. Yikes! I'm up for it though. It will be something to do besides some of the boring stuff that I've worked on now. I have a bit more to do to get the database ready, but once I get a few more features implemented it should be good to go.

I'm going to sit back listen to some tunes and relax for a few minutes before I leave for Swing Dance.

No comments: