Wednesday, July 23, 2008

take a look around

Just woke up from a 2 hour nap. That pretty much means that I'm not going to be able to sleep this evening. Whoops. It was wonderful though. My boss was able to connect to my work computer today from China. That should make him happy.

The last parts should be arriving tomorrow; hopefully everything I've put together will work. I'm a little worried that the capacitors that I chose are a little large. Well one of them. I guess I could drop down to the tiny ones. Then I just might have to add a few more resistors. The values are okay for what I want. I have a cutoff around .78 Hz and 3.34 Hz right now I think. I can't remember the exact values, but they're around there.

Work was very productive today. I wonder if it was because I saw Batman the other night. I still feel like I'm about to keel over and die right now. Maybe I should just go to bed soon.

It is going to rain!! I am excited; except if the power goes out at work we could be in trouble. We don't have any surge protectors in the office, and my poor little laptop is sitting in there. It would be nice if I had my other computer. Then I could set it up, and I wouldn't have to worry about it.

I payed my first Credit Card bill today. It was good to get that first one out of the way; now I'll actually have some credit. I haven't gotten my bill for the bed yet. I wonder when the hell they're going to send that out. It has been awhile since they delivered it. I'd like to pay that too, but it would be best if it came in August after I got paid. I had to buy $353 worth of tickets for the Illinois vs. Iowa game. I'll get all but my ticket back, but it still is a chunk right now. Maybe it is a good thing; then I won't spend that money.

I need to organize my file cabinets too. :-/ I've been meaning to do that for awhile. Tomorrow night is exciting! Dan and I are going to go have a lot of martini's. We haven't talked in two weeks now so it should be fun to catch up. He always has great stories. I love the one about the girl that he met with the mustache. That one is killer.

Do I have anything else to say? Oh! My tattoo is almost done flaking black stuff. The next step should be peeling like sunburn. It is healing really well. I can't wait till it is done healing. It already is amazing, but will be even more so when it is done. Plus if my weight loss continues I might actually be sexy again. Wouldn't that be something?

I just completely forgot. Today at work the other lady and I were talking about the most depressing songs ever. Here are two she came up with:

Mary Hopkins, "Those Were The Days"



Barry McGuire, "Eve of Destruction"



Here are a few that I can remember, and I love these songs still. They're on my huge playlist along with a lot of other songs from High School. Millencolin was introduced to me by Miles, and Saves The Day by Kat (she was really into them, but she liked "Firefly" more than "At Your Funeral"). For the record my favorites Saves The Day songs are "As Your Ghost Takes Flight" and "Sell My Old Clothes, I'm Off to Heaven."

Millencolin, "The Ballad"



Saves The Day, "At Your Funeral"



So now that I've wasted more of your time, and mine. I'll re-post this.

1 comment:

Shaina said...

I hope it rains today too. Except that would kind of mess up the whole Ragbrai thing. Oh well!

Thanks for the supportive comment. I'm feeling a lot better about the whole thing now.