Tuesday, July 22, 2008

i was just a stupid kid back then

Saw The Dark Knight this evening. It was good. Aaron and I went to it. There were some annoying kids sitting behind us, but they eventually quieted down. I was those annoying kids at one point. I can't really complain then I guess. I felt bad though because there was a person who had a disability and they were laughing at him. That person is no different than the rest of us. They made it to the movie just like I did. They wouldn't have come if they weren't able. There is NO difference beside the one that the kids constructed in their heads. Get over it!

It can be difficult for me to see things from other perspectives sometimes because I am a white male. I was born into the most "privileged" group in society. At the bar I'm allowed in because the dress code is about what the group that I am associated with deems to be "normal." I can walk down the streets without being profiled or given a stereotype. I don't know why I'm going down this road, but in my life things have just been handed to me. I feel like deleting this post and starting over, but that would only be avoiding the truth, and as we all know, "the truth is neither mean nor evil; it's just the truth."

I'm going to move on here. Sometimes when others act the way they do it upsets me.

I think for the first time I've actually felt like I'm living life. I think before I was just going through the motions. I never really felt like I had a choice in anything. I finally feel like I can do things now that I never knew I'd enjoy.

The tattoo means a lot to me to. There are so many meanings tied into it; I can't even begin to explain them all. If you want to know I would be glad to discuss them, but you're going to have to sit down with me in person. Not even my closest friends know all of the meanings. I think I'm going to name her. I'm not sure though; I love the name, but is naming my tattoo O.K.?

So I was down to 175 this morning. I lost a pound even after that eating festival this past weekend. Hmmm...

So if this post isn't already not flowing I'm going to change the subject again. Nanci called me after the movie asking me to help her move. I guess I'm doing that this weekend.

I'm not a big fan of the lyrics with the music on YouTube, but I'll go with this one tonight. Southcott, "Red Lights and Rooftops." They have really short songs, but I love the album.

1 comment:

Shaina said...

I love your tattoo! I really want to get one, but haven't decided yet what I want. I figure it will come to me eventually. I saw The Dark Night last week too, and it was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. I was scared that I'd have some 13-year-olds sitting behind me laughing the whole time, but there wasn't, which was a relief.