Saturday, July 19, 2008

nothing like a cold one with a good friend

Tonight was fun! Aaron and I played some Guild Wars together for the first time in a few months. I haven't really played at all recently, but I asked him when I got home from my 2 o'clock if he wanted to do a Fissure run. He said yes, and we did it. It was good.

I've also been communicating with Kaer recently. He wants me to play WoW, but I don't think I need video games in my life like they used to be.

After Aaron and I got done I talked to Ben for a bit online. He sounded like he had a fun filled night planned. I'm glad he still gets to do what he enjoys while having the girl he does. I think that is a good sign for both of them.

Matt got here around 9:00 and we went too Wendy's, and then we drove back to his place and I started to help him pack all his stuff. We're moving it tomorrow morning/day. I just enjoyed talking to him again. Sounds like things are going well right now for him; which is a great thing.

Afterwards we went to the bar for a bit. Relaxed and had a cold one. Not much else to say but a good time. I am going to get up to help him get the Penske truck tomorrow. I'm going to throw on a shirt, turn my fan on, and head to bed. A furry friend awaits me.

Oh, did I mention I know some really shallow people. I'm not talking about the people who haven't returned my calls. They're not shallow at all. They're just busy. I'm talking about some of my Iowa City friends. I can't believe it right now. Maybe you should sit in my shoes for once. I'm not saying it is difficult compared to what most of the world goes through, because it isn't. I've lived a very fortunate life, and for this I'm thankful. But to judge me the way they are now is ridiculous. If you want to be my friend accept me for who I am, not who you want me to be. I guess I am just disappointed right now. I didn't know that revealing a simple thing about my life could be such a turn-off to our friendship. It isn't like I am coming out and confessing my life long love for anyone. The item in question is a personal choice made by me. Oh well, at least my close friends are happy for me.

No comments: