Wednesday, July 2, 2008

i know how it feels, believe me i've been there

Yikes! So I made it through today. Whew. Went and picked out my bed stuff. Glad to have that done. The bed will be here next Thursday. Now I have to figure out a place to put it. We had a nice rain this evening, and it really cooled things off. I like the rain.

Tomorrow I head to Illinois. I have been looking forward to this for such a long time. I am kind of surprised I didn't go any other summers. I guess it is going to be an action packed weekend. I'm talking to Matt right now online, and fireworks on Thursday and Friday, and then we have a shindig somewhere on Saturday. I haven't told Matt yet but I am going to bring him a sampler of Sam Adams. Figured I should bring something for the hospitality. I wonder what his cat will be like; I've never seen but he has talked about how amazing it is.

So when I was leaving the mall I tried to hold the door for this girl and her mom, and she said, "Go ahead." I guess you can't be a nice guy anymore. Most people would just walk through and say, "Thank you."

My meeting with my counselor was good today. I'm going to keep going I think. I'm to the point where I don't really care that people know that I'm going.

When I was waiting I saw Nanci on the Old Capital steps. She came up and told me she had, "Something to tell me." It was interesting, but I don't see what the big deal was. I wasn't at all offended or upset by what she said. I like talking to her; she has a good perspective on life. I was looking through my IM log to see if I could find what she said. Ok I found it:

(6:40:44 PM) Jarod: but things change
(6:40:48 PM) Jarod: and we just gotta roll with it
(6:41:00 PM) Nanci: roll with the punches
(6:41:09 PM) Jarod: and just hope you don't get hit in the nuts too many times
(6:41:10 PM) Nanci: i gave up a life plan a long time ago

I'm talking to Matt and this is taking a long time to write. I'm losing my train of thought. Oh yes, Nanci puts up with my comments like those. I think it is a wonderful thing.

I need to get some stuff packed up. I'll probably get sucked into writing tomorrow before I leave, but if I don't then I will be back Sunday. I'm ready to have a blast.

So here is a song for today:


No comments: