Sunday, June 15, 2008

star struck

Tomorrow is a work day. I don't think that the cambus will be running again. I will probably work here from home. I think I can get a lot done tomorrow. Hopefully this will be another productive week. Last week worked out well!

Today I watched the U.S. Open again. It wasn't as exciting as yesterday. The ending was wonderful. I guess they'll play again tomorrow. I'll have to keep tabs on it I guess.

Tonight I watched the Discovery Channel series "When We Left Earth." It was wonderfully done. Tonight they showcased the Apollo Missions. It just tickled my inner nerd so much. Some of the engineering that was done is incredible, and the circumstances that they were up against were intriguing.

The thing I think I enjoyed about it the most was how it reminded me of when I was younger. I remember for my birthday one year I was given a telescope. I think space has always been something that a lot of people find to be captivating. I looked out at the moon tonight during a commercial, and the way the clouds were passing over it made for a beautiful sight. I can't imagine what it would be like to be out there. I don't think that I would have the guts to ever go; but I'm sure it would be a beautiful thing.

There are many beautiful things here on Earth that one can experience. I did a lot more experiencing when I was in high school. I think it would be fun to get back to it, but the money just always isn't there. I really want to go to Alaska. Maybe someday.

No comments: