Sunday, June 29, 2008

boneless buffalo wings

I got my books at the bookstore. I saw a gorgeous brunette there. She looked about my age too. I just opened my blinds and I can see the sunset. It isn't as beautiful as the one last night, but it is still fun. I like watching the sunset at the Old Capitol. I've been doing that all last week.

So they're releasing Diablo 3. It is a good thing. Guild Wars isn't as interesting as it used to be. My guess is Guild Wars 2 won't come out until 2010. Diablo 3 is already 4 years into the works. It is going to be fun to play. Steve texted me this morning saying "Diablo 3 was announced." I laughed. We had such good times playing that game together. I consider Steve one of my best friends. It has been hard for him lately; hopefully the Diablo 3 release will be a big homecoming.

My brother is sending me the trailer right now. I watched the cinematic with him last night, and we both trembled with excitement. I don't think I'm going to be playing video games as much as I used to. I find other things in life more exciting. Right now if a friend asks me to do something and I was planning on playing video games I change plans. I would much rather spend my time with people. Granted I play video games with people and we use VOIP it just isn't the same.

I have had great friends and met many people through video games. There was Martin, an Canadian restaurant owner; Steve a IT worker from Missouri; Dave and Loretta from the South; Carlos (Pidgeon) a computer store owner in Virginia; Tyler (Tyrous) a student from Tennessee; Jane a wonderful computer guru; L U B I a man from the middle east; Jim the guy who will hunt you down if you don't pay your credit card bills; Andrew tattoo extraordinaire; Craig architect from Minnesota; Jennifer from California; Sarah from Michigan; Michael an engineer from Wisconsin; Terry a Biologist from California. I know I forgot many people, but there are just so many that it is hard to list all my friends here. I must mention Jason though; he lives in Tennessee and is a wonderful father of three children. All these people have touched my life in some way, and the most interesting thing is that I have met none of them in person.

I know their stories, and they know mine. This world is a fascinating place. I'm glad to be a part of this day and age. Tomorrow I get to be on the student panel. I am really looking forward to it. I have to think of an interesting fact that not many know about me; last year I said, "I still sleep with my teddy bear." I can't really think of anything else, and most people know that by now so I probably shouldn't use it. I could try to be funny, but that is a tough one to pull. I think I'll stick to I've never broken a bone in my body. Sounds fair enough. I have more secrets though.

Oh, Jen never called me. This means I get to keep the flower on my counter. I like it (maybe that is why people think I'm gay). I find out about the swing dance club tomorrow too. I have to pick out what I'm going to wear. I think I'm going to wear one of my nerd shirts; then I can say, "This is what will happen to you if you stick in engineering; so switch to business before it is too late."

No comments: