Monday, June 23, 2008

name tags


Today at work I had a meeting with my boss. It seems like he finally is going to be willing to spend money on the project. I think I'll go down to the e-shop tomorrow and get some updated prices.


After work I went and got my hairs cut. So I have a little secret. When I get service from someone I tell them thank you by their name if they're wearing a name tag. I think it is personable. I remember someone did it to me once, and I thought "How do they know me?" Later I realized that most people have to wear name tags, but society ignores them. It may take an extra second to look for someone's name, but it does actually make them feel like they're a person.


I went to deposit a check today too. Afterwards I saw the Java House, and I was going to go read my book at the Old Capitol, but I thought I'd go in and see what it is like. I had a smoothie, but it tasted too sweet for me. I don't think I will get it again. Maybe I'll try Java Juice sometime this week. I really need to finish this book before the 26th. It is okay, but I read one of my favorite lines from it. "I have two choices; I must either commit suicide or try to rectify my life by helping others." It is kind of hard to believe that I felt like that a few weeks ago. I guess I am moving in the right direction.


I really like my haircut. I looked at it in the mirror after I took a shower this afternoon. Maybe I'll take a picture and post it.

No comments: