Monday, August 18, 2008

there's a first time for everything

I haven't really been on top of writing. This is probably going to be how it is once school starts. This week I should be able to get in quite a few times. Today was good.

It is fun to wake up and see someone special next to you. Especially if she is still sleeping. You can just sit there and look at her and it makes you smile. There is just something about her eyes too.

I hope I'm good enough for her. Sometimes I don't really know what to think. I guess it is the whole lacking of self confidence sometimes. I don't really think I should get into this here.

I mowed my parent's lawn today. I was supposed to go home and get the papers everyday for them. So I went home yesterday and today to get them, and I mowed the lawn because they were out of town. I was kind of hoping that my dad wouldn't notice until I left so it would be a surprise. He did though. I don't really want any credit for it. It was just mowing the lawn.

I ate dinner at the liner today with Nanci. We hadn't talked in a week. I lost her number when my other phone died. I meant to call her earlier and see what was going on in her life, but it just didn't happen. I got her number again. It was fun to catch up. Sounds like she is doing well preparing for the GRE.

We also sat on the steps of the Old Cap. That is our favorite spot. Mine too. We used to sit there Sophomore year between classes and listen to music on our iPods and just rest. It was a good time. Now we go there and just shoot the breeze every now and then. It is a good stress reliever for both of us. Sometimes it is just good for both of us to talk about relationships we have going on.

I played the song that is a perfect description of how I feel right now. I can't find it on YouTube to put it on here or I would. It is wonderful.

Matt and I also went over to Jennifer's again. We watched the Olympics and just had a good time. Since Christie didn't want the rest of the cheesecake I made I just took it over to Jen to eat. We each had a piece, yum. I'm glad I don't have to have that in my fridge. It would be gone, and it would not be good for me. I am proud of my first cheesecake! It was kind of scary when it came out of the oven, but it eventually went back to a normal height. Christie seemed to like it too! :) That was the most exciting part, and then the way that she said that I was the best part of dinner too!

Well I need to get to bed so I can wake up in a bit for my meeting. I also have to study some more of the playbook. I only looked at the offensive stuff this afternoon. I think I'm going to like the style of offense; especially since I get to coach the backs and receivers.

No comments: