Friday, August 15, 2008

poster child

I got a lot done today! Except by doing so I created more things that have to be done tomorrow. I guess it is okay. I get to pick up the playbook tomorrow. It should be good to start looking at some of the schemes for the season.

I also found out that I am coaching with Kris. It should be a lot of fun; he is a really upbeat guy and knows what to do to get the best out of kids. I think it should be fun. I still need to buy some items.

Today I also went to the bookstore and bought some books for classes. I went early so I could get the used ones and save money. I still need two books, but they weren't in yet. I also had to get "Tuesdays with Morrie". I'm excited to get to read it again.

I gave in and bought a new Big Shot today. Aaron said my one that has a broken strap has a lifetime warranty, but I figure having two backpacks isn't going to be that bad. I should probably send it in to get it fixed. I mean that backpack lasted me over seven years. I'm sad to see it go, but I'm welcoming in the new one. It was $100. Ow. When I bought my old Big Shot it was $40 (bought it on sale). This one has a little more bling to it. I can't believe how many pockets it has. I won't ever use them all.

I also got the poster situation taken care of at OPL. I had to run out there this morning to get the files, and then the printer was broken at CCAD. Luckily the posters got done and my boss was happy. I'm glad that the people at CCAD are really helpful. I don't know what I would do without them.

Olympics were good tonight as well. The women's all around turned out well for the Americans. I'm really glad to see that all of the athletes aren't upset or crying that they got second place. They're really good sports, and for the stage that they are on it is really hard to believe that some of them don't have hard feelings. I guess the closest was the 4x100 Men's Freestyle in swimming, but that rift was probably created before the event even ran.

Tomorrow night should be fun. I get to cook dinner for someone! I am really excited. Plus my last day of work for the summer internship! Tomorrow will be a good day. I'm going to get to bed here so I can function :-P.

No comments: