Monday, August 25, 2008

good afternoon

Okay! So if the cat isn't out of the bag already I did really well for not studying! I am sure that my score will be able to get me in to Dental School somewhere. It wasn't GREAT but it wasn't BAD.

I did really poorly on the math. Like throw up poorly. I thought that what I got on the math would be my overall score. I can't believe it. I didn't have enough time, and then I just started to guess, and I ended up guessing on 7 of the 40 math problems. I must have guessed incorrectly; on all of them.

My science and reading scores were AMAZING for what I thought I knew. I'm happy with them. I got to go to class too! There is this super cute girl in my gen ed. I was kind of (well really embarrased) when we went around sharing majors. I hate how people crack up my major to be a helluva lot more than it really is. I'm just a college student like the rest of you, and I bet I do the same amount of work too. Just because I choose to do math and science doesn't make it any different!

I am excited for tomorrow. Hell I'm excited for practice today and then going out tonight. The only bad thing is my 8:05 tomorrow :). That might suffer a bit, but after that I have work until noon and I am DONE! I love school. Okay so I need to start the job search tomorrow.

Here is what I have been thinking. I'm going to apply to Dental School, probably Iowa and a few others. I am also going to try Colorado. I want to go to live in Denver (or Colorado Springs) next year so I'll start looking for jobs there. I guess Chicago wouldn't be horrible either; I think I'll look for jobs in Colorado, Chicago, and Iowa. In that order of priority too. I know the company I want to work for, and I have my foot in the door with them. I just have to be less stuck up about myself. I didn't realize what I actually said in the interview. Yikes.

Okay; I best begin getting ready for some football. I need to be more vocal with the kids (not yelling, but saying more things they can improve upon). I kind of wait until everyone has gone though the drill so I don't single kids out. I think I can say more encouraging things during the drill, and then teach afterwards. I think it is really important that one doesn't pick out the things that are done poorly on kids that young. I should reward those who are doing it correctly, and then group coach the rest.

1 comment:

Shaina said...

Denver is GORGEOUS (you probably already knew that though). Nick and I want to move out to Colorado when he gets done with his PhD.