Monday, August 11, 2008

hollywood

Today was interesting. My boss still isn't back from China. Well he could be on his way, but has given no indication of when he will return. The office lady and I kind of have a joke that he won't. We'll see.

I got to talk a bit on the phone today. It was good. I really like talking to other people. First I talked to Jen for awhile. Just kind of shot the breeze. I asked her if she wanted me to make her a cake for her birthday; she didn't turn that down. I made that this evening. I would have made her a cake anyways, but she was in Rome. I'll probably take it to her tomorrow (or if she calls later tonight).

I also got to talk to Matt. He'll be back here Thursday and Saturday. It will be good to have some friends back in town. I like hanging out with Matt, Ben, and Jen. I really miss freshman year. I think we can get it going again. We all kind of went different directions after freshman year, and I think that I can kind of help us all pull it back together. I know for a fact that each of us misses those times. No reason that they can't happen again.

I also spent the evening watching the debut of Aaron Rodgers. I was impressed, but it was just the preseason. The Packers' defense was amazing. I can't believe the plays that they were able to make, but again it is only the preseason.

The Olympics were good too. I really like watching swimming. It is kind of like track. The 4x100m Freestyle last night was T&A. Man. It got me yelling and out of my seat, and I'm 13 hours away from the damn thing.

Another thing I like about the Olympics is the Morgan Freeman commercials. I love his voice, and I enjoyed "The Bucket List." He just has that inspirational voice.

I came back in to talk to Steve, but he had to go to bed. He was having a bad evening. Wish I could have been there for him, but there were just other things that I personally had to take care of tonight.

I'm glad I got to take care of them.

Tomorrow night I have a rules meeting for football; I guess that is the only thing on my agenda.

No comments: