Tuesday, August 19, 2008

exhausted

I'm about ready to fall asleep. Today was fun and very very tiring.

I got up and went out to OPL today so I could take a few pictures for a poster I'm working on for them. The other three posters I made for them are pretty darn awesome. I think this one is going to top it. The poster is going to be the L-29 (the new jet) flying over the Old Capital.

I got to go up in the Stearman today and fly over Iowa City. It was amazing. I got to see pretty much all of campus, and then we flew over the Coralville Dam, and part of Coralville. I took a picture of my apartment while we were up there! It was pretty darn exciting.

Practice today was intense. I kind of felt rushed and didn't really have a great perception of time with the receivers, but all the rest of the drills went really really well. The receiver drills worked out okay, but I didn't get to as many routes as I could have. I am more concerned about the fundamentals (stance, and blocking) at this point. The routes will come along well, but we'll probably be running the ball a lot, and blocking on the ends is going to be key.

I think conditioning was fun for the kids (yeah, I know right?!). We did Deadman Hurdles. I got into it quite a bit. My team lost the first race, but then we went ahead and won the second. It was a hoot just getting out there and yelling words of encouragement. :-P I'm one of the younger coaches so I get to do that. I had my stern moments too. The kids just need some discipline sometimes. Wear the helmet and the straps. Keep your mouthpiece in at all times during drills. Just safety stuff.

I worked on my dental application tonight too. It was frustrating. I need to get one more thing done and then I can send it in. I am just like blarg. I think that was more of a headache than anything. I feel like it has gotten better, but I don't know.

Coda is in my lap right now. He makes me happy. I'll post a picture here of him. I think I'll include one of the campus too.

I'm going to save my other thoughts that I just wrote and deleted for another night. I might be jumping the gun a bit.

No comments: