Saturday, August 9, 2008

so get them checked

Today I taped an ankle at the coaching class. I know how to now! That is exciting, but it is a lot harder than it looks.

I had Panera again after. The last time I had Panera was with Miles when Rachel worked there. We used to go so he could see her at work. I got the same sandwich I got back when Miles and I went. It is a wonderful sandwich, and I really like the place. Bacon Turkey Bravo! Gouda cheese, yum.

After class I ran out to the mall and to Hy-Vee. I got half a gallon of milk, but when I got home Aaron had already bought a gallon. Whoops. We'll drink it, but I should have looked in the fridge. I got a new cookbook at the mall! I'm excited! I was going to buy one that is all desserts, but the amount of stuff in there wasn't worth it when I could get one with other stuff in it for the same price. I think it was a good deal. It was tempting to buy the dessert one though. Maybe next time.

I almost bought another hat today. There is this one at Scheels with the old herky on it. It is grey and they didn't have my size last time. It was really tempting to buy, but I thought I shouldn't since I purchased the cookbook.

I had a lot of comments on my shirt today! I wore my "I <3 Breasts" shirt. I get a lot of looks when I wear it. I wear it partly because of the attention I get, but also to make a point. I think I've hashed that out in an earlier writing so I won't go over it again.

I was doing some more thinking about what I wrote last night. I'm kind of scared. It is going to be hard to put myself out there again. I just don't want to get down the road so far and then have the same thing happen. It is kind of a risk reward thing right now. My gut is saying just do it, and my mind is a little tentative. I think I'm going to go with my gut this time. Like the title of the post I made the other night, "Throw your heart over the fence and the rest will follow." It is never going to happen for me if I don't put myself out there, and that really is the bottom line.

This summer is kind of winding down, and I was thinking about what has been happening lately, and what was happening at the beginning. I think one of my favorite quotes comes into play:

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglass Adams

I don't think it needs any further explanation. It pretty much sums it up.

No comments: