Saturday, September 13, 2008

WHEN DEE!

What a wonderful day to be a Hawkeye!

Last night wasn't awkward. I left early because I promised Dan we'd go to Taco Bell and I wanted to get back at a decent hour. We're friends with the Manger Wendy. She gave us very good service! We always yell, "WHEN-DEE!" when we're in line. She is a fun gal. Love her hair too.

I had a good time last night. It was fun to see Amy again. Her friend from Marquette was nice too; I kind of felt bad for her because she didn't really know anyone. I got to see Miles again. I feel bad for what happened to our friendship. It is my fault too. I guess it is never too late to apologize.

This morning I got drunk and went to the football game! The Hawks came out really strong but just couldn't get it in. My analysis of the game was this. Iowa's offense kept making simple mistakes that cost them field position (i.e. penalties, starring down the receiver, overthrown balls). Iowa State moved it consistently, but they just couldn't beat the Iowa zone when the area on the field got smaller. Watching the Iowa secondary is painful for me. It is the way Stormin' Norm wants to do it and I can understand that he doesn't want to give up the big play. The system works really well if executed properly. Iowa's defense has consistently proven itself under Norm Parker. Iowa State's special teams cost them the game. Flat out. Missed Field Goals and a Punt Return for a TD. They won the field position battle but just couldn't capitalize. I'm glad we beat them my Senior Year.

I took Christie a cheesecake today after the game! When we hung out Monday she told me she was going to Graze (I like their martini's) and she was looking through the menu picking out things she liked. She said, "Oreo Cheesecake! Oh; seven dollar Oreo Cheesecake and that is probably for one slice." I hadn't baked anything since school started really so I needed to do it to relieve some excess energy. I took it to her after the game. She is tired. I hope I didn't keep her from her sleep. I enjoyed seeing her though!

I'm supposed to go to dinner with Nanci. I tried calling her but I haven't heard from her. Nanci has been good to me. She really helped me through this summer. I miss talking to her. She is a busy little girl too.

No comments: