Friday, September 12, 2008

items of interest

The first item that I want to write about is my weight loss. I'm really proud of what I was able to accomplish this summer. I've kind of leveled out now. My lowest has been 172. This is down from 190 something. I forget the exact value I have lost around 20 pounds though. I'm really proud of it. I found a picture of me last summer and put it next to a picture of me this fall. One year, but really I lost all the weight over the summer. I didn't start paying attention to it until I realized small changes I could make to lose weight.

The second item is a card I got my team to sign for one of my players. He broke his leg in the game the other day. I was really pleased with the kids today. Members of the other team signed the card too. I haven't gotten everyone to sign it yet, but I'll catch a few more Monday before practice. I think the kid that got injured is a wonderful person and I don't want him to get discouraged. We can't control what happens to us but we can make the best out of the situations that arise. I know that breaking his leg is a huge disappointment for a kid at this stage in his life. He'll come around. He has 19 other teammates that are behind him.

I'm ready for this evening. I'm kind of wondering what it is going to hold. I really don't want it to be awkward for Amy. If it is I'm going to be polite and tell her that I am going to head out and why. I just want her to have a good birthday. I don't think things will be awkward on my side. I just don't know how others are going to react towards me. I'm open minded and I hope that they are too. That is something that I cannot control.

I'm just looking at those pictures of me and I can't believe that is what I did. I'm sure my tan right now doesn't hurt but I'm proud of myself. Now if I want to get a six pack I just have to do abs instead. I don't think I'm going to change my diet any. I am happy with where I got my weight. Maybe I'll start exercising my stomach a bit more. It is only 10 more pounds until I'm back to where I was Junior year of High School.

No comments: