Saturday, September 27, 2008

shake it

Jarod is a happy boy tonight. I had an amazing time with Christie. It just felt really natural to be with her; from the moment I picked her up until I left. It just made me warm. I don't know what it is but seeing her tonight after not seeing her for a week was a good feeling.

We went to Steak 'n' Shake. It was funny because she was going to pay for the first time but she got on the phone and I grabbed the check and went up and paid. I also gave her a surprise. I made her Oatmeal Cookies last night and then bought her a bucket. The bucket was to represent me puking all over her place on my birthday. I felt really bad about that (and then hogging the bed). So I put the cookies, candy, and then a bottle of Smirnoff in it (she is collecting all the flavors so I got her one she didn't have).

I hope she liked it. I know it doesn't make up for my actions but it was the least I could do to let her know I'm sorry.

I got to spend some good time with her talking when we got back to her place too. I started off with a open question to see if she'd ask about my past. She knows what she needs to know for now I guess because she didn't ask about it. Afterwards I brought up "us". She answered the way I was hoping she would.

I was driving back and I decided to go to Bo James with Matt, Eric, and Dan (plus a few drumliners). It was a good decision. I'm glad I went instead of driving home. I got back a little later but the company was well worth it. I had one big beer and then just relaxed.

I need to join my teddy bears now.

No comments: