Monday, September 1, 2008

twenty two

This past weekend was great. I got to hang out with a lot of my friends. My phone wasn't working with my computer today. I had to run into the store. I filled up on gas and took back the pop bottles today too. The hurricane could make prices go up for a bit. The car only needed $22 though. I guess I might have saved a few dollars, but every bit counts.

My phone just needed to have a "hard reset". It erases all the contacts so it was a good thing I went in. I'm starting to get a few back since my phone died a few weeks ago. I don't think I'll bother anyone about it.

This evening Ben, Matt, Eric, and myself went to dinner. I hadn't been to Sam's but I heard it was good. We went there and watched some of the UCLA/Tennessee game. It was a good time. When I got back I did some reading but kind of feel asleep and wasted about an hour. Oh well. I called Christie too; we got to talk for a bit. I enjoyed it. I'm going to head out here and try to get a little more done before I go to bed. I have an 8:05 tomorrow morning. Geography of Health baby. Then my "Happy Class" with all the football players. You know you're in the right spot when you have a large number of athletes in your class.

1 comment:

Shaina said...

That's funny, I've always wanted a yellow lab too! We decide to go with a mini since we're still apartment dwellers though, I would feel so bad about keeping a big dog in such a small place.

As far as the gender roles comment, I meant that it says something about men and women that men find taking care of dogs (and children) to be "easier" than women do. I was obviously really overwhelmed by having to take care of Martin, but Nick wasn't, in fact it made him want to have kids more! I think that women feel so much pressure to do extra work when it comes to taking care of dogs and kids, and that's why they don't enjoy it as much. Like, no matter how much they do, they still feel guilty and stressed.

Anyways, I didn't mean to write that much lol. Thanks for the comment!