Friday, September 5, 2008

someone to open each and every door

Friday! Well it is almost over now. I am going to head to bed soon I think. Gameday tomorrow! I have a lot to choose from tomorrow to do. The game for sure. I don't know what else I'll pick. I think Sunday I'm going to hang out with Matt and Eric for the first day of the NFL. Packers play MNF. Hooray. Okay well kind of. Swing Dance lessons start again so I'll be missing the first half or so I think.

Practice today was pretty good. I thought there was good effort on defense, but the kids just couldn't remember what the heck to do on two or three plays. They have the formations and what the play is down on most. Promising. I subbed in the guys that are supposed to be paying attention in the back for some repetitions. They had no clue what the heck was going on. I yelled at them. There were two that got an earful from me. The kids needed it today. We have a game on Tuesday.

I made them run a lot too. We had good focus on the last two days so they didn't have to run at all. Today was a different story. I started them doing ladders. One group. I think we ended up going about 40 yards or so. I was going to make them go to 50 but they were getting what they needed out of it. On the way back I cut down halfway and said if they ran good ones they'd be done. Of course they were all done. I gave them a lecture about how they should run like they did on the last two all the time and not wait until I say these are the last ones if they're good.

One of the kids left his locker open after practice. Granted he was the last one out of the locker room (and no one would be able to take his stuff) he is going to learn his lesson come Monday. I took his helmet and practice pants out of his locker and put them in the office in my locker. If some other kid got in there he'd be out quite a bit of money. He'll be doing 40 push ups to get his gear back. The standard 20 for each item.

I did laundry tonight too. I washed my bedding. Now that it isn't 90 degrees out I won't be sweating at night. I like the cool nights. I HATE being warm when I sleep. I like waking up and having that crisp cold feeling. I ordered pizza too. That should be my lunch and dinner for awhile. That way I don't have to cook.

This evening really reminded me of high school. Football, then going home (just my parent's house), and ordering pizza and just relaxing. I'm glad my parents are moving.

No comments: