Tuesday, September 23, 2008

not a piece of cake

I have a test tomorrow. Bleh. Okay so this weekend was AWESOME. I'll start off explaining it and then I'll get into this next sucky week. I just don't really have any clue what is going on now.

Thursday was fun! The football team won the first game. I was proud of them. It was really long. We went to the wrong school because of scheduling so the team before us got delayed which in turn delayed the start of our game. We won 22-20. It was really close. I let the kids have a piece of the cake I bought them after. They were all very gracious and excited.

Thursday night was a little rough. I had a great time until the bar closed. I feel rotten for what I did to the girl I like. She didn't deserve that at all. I wish there was something I could do to make it up to her. I couldn't stop thinking about it all weekend. I hope she knows I'm sorry.

Friday we left for Pittsburgh. Got in at 4:00 AM and woke up at 7:00 AM to go tailgate. We couldn't find beer! They don't sell beer in convience stores or grocery stores there. The liquor store didn't have any either; and it wasn't open until 9:00 AM. We finally found the beer depot on the Southside. Got a case and were on our way. The game was fun except for the fact we lost. It was close but we just didn't pull through.

After the game we got tickets for the Pittsburgh Pirates game and the Lynyrd Skynyrd Concert. Both were amazing. The bars afterwards were good too.

So I probably didn't do the weekend events justice because of how late I am writing about them but it was the best birthday weekend ever. Even better than my 19th. That is saying something.

On to this week. It is really busy. I'm at this point in my life where I'm not really good at making decisions. I kind of have expectations and I want them to be met... but at the same time it is impossible for them to be met. I want to have all the things set for Senior Design but that went down the shitter today. We had a group member bail out. We have to decide on a project within a week and have three people. We're down to two with a week to go.

I also just am really frustrated with my job search. The career fair is Thursday. I really don't know what to expect. I want to get a job but I also want to go to Dental School. I got to forget about this for a week but it just came back again because of the fair. Frustrating. I'm going to try to hit up Accenture again. I messed up the first time with them last semester but I am a completely different person now. Hopefully more humble too.

The last issue I am unsure about is just something that I will have to decide. I know what I want but I'm just scared. There has been a lot of growth lately and for that I am really excited. I've been elated when it happens. I think I just need to put myself out there. I've been pretty low before but I'm a better person now because of it. I think I just need to go with my gut on this one.

I'll end with a quote. I had to go look one up because I am really struggling right now to keep it together. I wish I could talk to someone right now but I don't like bothering people. I'm going to go shower and then try to study for my test tomorrow.

Here is the quote.

There’s always a struggle, a striving for something bigger than yourself in all forms of art. And even if you didn’t achieve greatness — even if you fail, which we all must — everything you do in your work is somehow connected with your attitude toward life, your deepest secret feelings. -Rex Harrison

No comments: