Tuesday, September 9, 2008

one down five to go (for a perfect week)

My long fun day has come to an end. At work I had a good time. I was able to answer the simple questions that people presented to me. I dislike when printer problems occur. I don't have permission to cancel printer jobs, and I have to call in to reimburse people. Luckily nothing too dramatic happened this morning. I like that job. I get my homework done.

Monday's are packed with class for me. Four in a row. I made it through them today. I really enjoyed PASPA today. I answered a few questions and I kind of felt like a big deal. Actually it was kind of just one of those kinds of things that is a coincidence. I just happened to have the random tidbits of knowledge that were required to answer the questions.

Design for Manufacturing was funny too. We got to watch some videos on the fabrication of certain materials. The videos were just funny. I didn't really think I'd appreciate Biomaterials, but some of Dr. Park's quotes are hilarious. We are visiting necking; "What is necking? No it is not between a man and a woman." Also he believes he is tougher than people because he is more compact. Dr. Thomas had a good quote the other day too, "We want our shafts to be hard. (Pause) That didn't come out the way it was supposed to."

Senior Design today was amazing too. We got to listen to a U.S. Patent person talk. Some of the designs that he showed were funny. Also some of the examples that he used to illustrate points were great. One was for an "off-shore drilling anchor." I forget the exact patent idea but it was something so generic that a pillar could be included in the description of the anchor.

Football practice today was interesting. We have our first game tomorrow. That means the season is going to be in full swing. Today involved a lot of teaching. I just hope when we go to Kick-Off we have eleven guys on the field. I think we got them set straight on that. We shall see.

So one of the things that would make my week good happened today. Packers victory! I didn't get to watch too much of the game because of Swing Dancing, but I got to see the first touchdown of the season. I liked summer swing dancing better. There were fewer people. The room was really crowded tonight and I kept bumping into other people. Maybe it will thin out. It is fun and I get to meet a lot of different varieties of people. I hope I didn't stink tonight. I came directly from coaching.

I need to head to bed now. I have an 8:05. Tomorrow I get to buy a Beat State shirt. Go Hawks!

No comments: