Sunday, October 5, 2008

page two

This weekend was pretty darn fun. From Friday until today. I didn't get much homework done but I had a great time with friends!

Friday started off with my team's last Friday practice. It was a fun practice for the kids. We played a lot of fun games rather than traditional drills. You can't really teach much new material to them on a Friday. They usually forget it over the weekend. It is the last week of coaching football. I can't believe how fast it has flown by. It is really sad. I think basketball will be fun but you can't beat football. At this point in my life I can sit back and say that if someone came up to me and told me I could spend an hour of my life reliving any portion of it (or doing anything I want) I would choose to go back and play a game of high school football. Hands down nothing comes close. I'm not a player anymore; this is something that is important to realize when coaching. I'm a coach now and I have different responsibilities. It is fun but in a different way. I included a picture of my team and my "Authorization Certificate". Two things that I am really proud of hence each of them get a spot on my wall above my desk. These kids are people that I will remember for the rest of my life. Hopefully I have influenced them in a way that they will do the same for me. I've learned a lot from my experience with them.

I'll end my rant and get back to the weekend. Friday night after practice I went to the West Homecoming game for Junior High Appreciation Night. It was fun to talk to some of my old teachers but some of the same questions I have had to answer in the past came up. I'm sick of answering them. I was talking to Matt about my frustration and here is what he said. I've heard this from Jen too.

(5:21:22 PM) Matt: well from my view...and take it for what it is
(5:21:39 PM) Matt: you have changed a ton since being with her and it has been for nothing but for the good
(5:22:11 PM) Matt: honestly, you are a much more enjoyable person to be around and it seems like you are loving life


I'm proud of myself. I agree with both of them completely. I'm glad I got to spend time with them at Bo James on Friday as well. It was fun to hang out with the old crew from Freshman year. I'm glad they gave me a second chance because I know a lot of people that haven't been so forgiving. We all ended up crashing at Matt's and then watching the game there the next morning.

I went to dinner for my birthday with my parents that evening too! Bennigans (my favorite!). It was fun. I get emotional sometimes when I see things that remind me of the decisions that I have to make in my life. I don't know why but it just hits me. At the mall there were kids with their parents. It is hard. I don't know if I want to get married at all. I know for sure that I am going to have kids (whether it be through adoption or other means). I think it would be a blast to be a single dad but I also see the benefits of finding someone special. I am not sure what I am looking for at this point in my life so I am just having fun. Whatever becomes of it is not something that I'm going to worry about. I'll make that decision when I'm older (and hopefully wiser).

Today my mommy took me to get a new suit. I need it for interviews. They're coming up here (both job and dental school). I need to practice answering questions and the likes. Ah! I have to grow up a little bit here. I'm about to get into the real world; or closer to it. Scary! The whole interview thing is just another thing that is mind boggling to me along with the whole kid situation. I don't know if I want to get a job or go to dental school. I really want to get out of Iowa City but at the same time I want to be a Dentist. It is rough! I know I can be good at whatever I choose to do with my life but I'm not sure which direction to head. Working with Junior High kids is really fun and it makes me want to do Pediatric Dentistry even more than I had originally thought. Being an engineer would be cool too; I'd get to geek out everyday of my life.

I think I've gotten enough into the issues that have been bothering me lately. And the two songs that I talked about awhile ago are the following.

Cardinal Trait - Nowhere Land
July for Kings - Normal Life

Listen to them and you'll understand the two issues that are conflicting in my life. I'm in no rush to make a decision either way at this point. I'm really enjoying my life right now.

No comments: