Sunday, October 12, 2008

all carved up


I made it through Saturday without doing any homework! Whew. I did laundry though. I washed my bed sheets and pillow cases. I think I mixed up my firm and soft pillows though. I don't know which is which. I'll have to see if the tag says or something. I'm still the only one that has slept in my new bed. It is sad; I've had it awhile too.

I got to talk to Jen today while she was driving home. I'm glad she figured somethings out in her life. I bought the Creme de Menthe finally so that I can make the Mint Cheesecake for her. I figured I'd do it. I kind of feel like an alcoholic with all the wine and liqueur I bought.

I was really tired on Friday night. I took a nap and then woke up and finished the bottle of wine from Tuesday's dinner. Anyways back to Jen's conversation. It was kind of awkward but I enjoyed it. She was telling me about something that had happened and I said something that was not intended to be perverse and she just laid it on me. I didn't really expect that from Jen! It was kind of the first time she turned the tables one me. I'm usually the one twisting her words (except the way she twisted mine was actually what had happened). It was great.

I had dinner with Nanci tonight. I also roped her into making a pumpkin with me. She paid for dinner for my birthday. I'm glad I used that rain check. I hate rain checks. They usually don't ever get used. I have one from Nanci from my 21st birthday that I haven't used. Kind of ridiculous. I thought I'd just use the one that she gave me from my 22nd. She is a good friend. I'm glad that she was here this summer to keep me company through the rough times. I don't know if I'd be here today if it wasn't for her. She also let me vent a little about things that have been on my mind.

The pumpkin took forever to carve. I was looking for a bear picture online and when I was trying to make them into a pattern in Photoshop they weren't coming out very well. I just decided to do my tattoo. It was way to complex. It would have been fine if the pumpkin was huge but I picked out a small one. It turned out better than I thought it would when I removed the pattern. It was like there were dots everywhere and I didn't know which was which.

I'm going to head to bed and get some rest. The pumpkin took a large amount of the evening but I enjoyed it. Artsy stuff is fun. :)

No comments: