Tuesday, October 14, 2008

ears ringing

Monday is over! Hooray! Well I enjoyed the last part of my day much more than the beginning. Work was kind of boring. Class was just average; although I did give a pretty good definition of what a group was in PASPA. I'm so the over achiever that sits in the front row (except I kind of tested the water on the first test and I know how I need to study).

More so I have to get a new senior design project; third time. Yes not fun. Stressful can we say. Just when I think that class is settling down it gets upended. I need to call Nebraska back to schedule my interview there. I kind of want to do it when I can go to a Husker game, and I want to take one of my friends with me for the day so it isn't so lonely. I don't know of anyone that would sacrifice a Friday of class for me.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow because I can nap. I will also probably go have a Spicy Chicken Sandwich for lunch at Wendy's since I have kind of made a tradition out of that on Tuesdays. I skip breakfast usually so the fatty meal is ok by my standards.

Basketball was oodles of fun today. The kids really like me as a coach. I think now that I'll be a head coach I can get a lot out of them. It really helped me to be an assistant in football and I am so grateful towards Kris (the head coach) for all he did. I thanked him but I don't think it goes to show how much he did for me.

Swing Dancing tonight was good! I wasn't as horrible as last week. I think it was just kind of a fluke. Last week I just didn't really feel like being there and I was also a little frustrated with the people I had to dance with. We're all learning (and I sucked too) so I guess all is fair.

I got picked up after lessons. It kind of surprised me that she came to get me. It was really nice of her. I was planning on stopping by the bank to get money since she said she bought tickets already. It would have been slipped in her purse or back pocket to pay for them but she was waiting for me in her car.

Alyssa got so giddy for the concert. I don't think I will ever be that happy for a concert. There are a few bands I would get excited for (July for Kings, Third Eye Blind, Graham Colton, Safety Suit) but none like she was. July for Kings would probably get the biggest rise out of me. I would say that there are a few things in life that will make me that happy:

Getting a new teddy bear.
Probably a Packers Game (I've never been to one).
A girl doing something for me that she knows I like.
A big time Iowa Football Game (i.e. Iowa vs. USC in the Orange Bowl or more recently Iowa vs. OSU under the lights).
Getting another tattoo would probably do it as well (this won't come for a long time in my life though [if ever]).

Having my friends show up to my birthday party would have done it as well.

Anyways I'm glad we got to go out and do something. It had been awhile since we have done something besides hang out. I know it was important to her that we go since her roommate Alyssa probably wouldn't have gone if we didn't go with her.

I have to say I liked the last two bands. I really like the acoustic part of Minus the Bear. I'm not really into the jumping around thing or moving with the beat. I just don't feel comfortable doing that for a band I've never heard. Kind of would have felt as if I were doing it to fit in. That isn't me. I enjoyed it but I just can't bring myself to jump on a bandwagon because everyone else is doing it. I might come of as if I'm not having a good time for it but so be it.

Her goodnight kiss was just what I needed. :)

Goodnight!

No comments: