Monday, October 20, 2008

banana split

I'm going to write early tonight because I have a lot of homework to do and I will stay up way too late if I get on the computer after I get home this evening.

This Monday wasn't so bad. I'm pleasantly surprised. Usually Monday is long because of my four classes that I have in a row. I wasn't too sleepy at work either. I didn't get too much done; I decided that answering all the multiple choice stems is way too much to do. I think I'll just go over the chapters again. I spent a lot of time searching.

I kind of just sat at work and stared at the computer today. I was deep in thought :). I guess that is a good and bad thing. Good because I really need to mull over somethings in my head right now and bad because I could be doing homework. I need to get through Wednesday (my first exam) and then I can begin to start preparing for my Dental School interviews.

I got my "Thank You's" mailed out today. I have one left and I don't know if I should mail it or not. It is for writing a Letter of Recommendation for me but the person hasn't written it yet. I might just shoot the person an email and then wait. The interview with Accenture didn't get me to the second round. I wouldn't mind working for them but I guess I don't really have that choice right now. Maybe in the Spring. I sent the interviewer a written Thank You today. Maybe they didn't get it in time or maybe I was just beat out. Either case I feel like the written note is more meaningful than an email. I am writing written ones and mailing them from now on. I was influenced to do this because of "The Last Lecture". I think it takes more effort and is more sincere; granted I wasn't invited to the second round so it will end up in the trash I believe I did the right thing.

We split the kids talent wise today. I was a little upset that we didn't sit down and talk about the kids. We just stood there at practice and sorted them out. The other coach doesn't really want to be there any longer than he has to be. I'm sure he is busy but I think the split could have been done a little more professionally. I guess we'll see what happens. I didn't end up with the team that I would have liked to coach (the only reason I want the other one is because I had most of the kids in football). The coach gave me the option to switch but the flip was fair. I'll leave it up to him; we agreed to flip a coin and that is where it is at. I'm not going back on my word.

I got to talk to Steve a little more about my issues. He calmed me down quite a bit. Finally someone was able to listen to what I was saying and give me a direction. I'm not coming down on anyone else I've talked to here because most others haven't really dealt with the situation of growing up. Steve is old now! Well he always was old. I'm going to have to go visit him this winter. We'll have a wild time!

I am excited Tuesday is almost here! I get to eat at Wendy's. Tuesdays I've make it a tradition. Yum. Okay off to Swing Dancing, and then homework.

No comments: