Thursday, October 30, 2008

all together now

It looks like I've generated a little interest within a certain company. I'm okay with the corporation reading my blog. I don't really feel that I have anything to hide. I'm an honest person and if they have any questions I would be more than willing to answer them. They've known since the first career fair I went to that I was interested in professional schooling. It shouldn't be a big surprise.

As of right now if a company did offer me a position I wouldn't be able to decide upon it until next year anyways. I have to begin the process because there are no guarantees that I will have a job or a spot in a school.

Yippie! Today was one of the best days I've had in a long time. I started out with my interview at Iowa. I got there a little early because I was unsure if I would be able to find the room. I hope that didn't ruin anything. All the interview questions were ones that I had anticipated. I'm glad I did research online to find the questions that were going to be asked. It really would have been tough if I didn't find those.

I think my toughest question was "What is your life mission?" The second toughest was "What do you want to do if you don't get into Dental School?" I would be more sure of that but I was made aware of the Teach for America program, and now I'm torn between that and Engineering Consulting. With Teach for America I could earn a Master's or continue coaching. Eek! I would love to do it, but after meeting with students today I am totally for Dental School.

I guess all the preparation work is done for my Iowa application. Now I just have to wait until December 1st to find out. Hopefully I'll be selected within the first group.

I had another interview with Cerner today. The second round. The first round went a lot smoother. I ran into two speed bumps in the behavioral part of the interview. The second half of it was more technical and while I didn't know some of the terminology I knew the concepts. I'm getting more comfortable with interviews. I'm looking forward towards my next opportunity at Nebraska on Monday.

Practice today was amazing. I felt like the kids accomplished a lot. They really listened during the second half and I think gained a better understanding of the mistakes that we made. Hopefully we'll be able to put it into the game tomorrow. I don't think we'll be able to run the offensive plays, but I think if we correct the three big things we worked on in practice we'll be in the game.

One more thing to mention for today... :-D I don't even know what to say about it; it made me so happy! The interview that I was prepared for, practice, and then seeing her (and making her smile) really made my day. She was so cute! I just wanted to take her home and snuggle up with her and fall asleep. There is this thing she does when I do something for her that I love. I'm not going to say what it is because I feel kind of dorky for liking it!

I hope she chooses me.

No comments: