Thursday, November 13, 2008

finishing up

Well I made it through today. I got to take an 1:30 nap. I think without that it would have been rough. I was dozing off in class because I hadn't had any sleep. It really sucked! I bet I looked pretty stupid. I think staying up all night was the right thing to do. She really liked the help with her paper and I enjoyed doing it. I think it also showed her that I'm willing to go out of my way to help her out.

I get to see her again tonight :)! I'm excited!

Kansas City was fun! Wow; they really took care of me. I was impressed with the food. I think I ate more at dinner before the main dish arrived than I eat all day. It was very very tasty food. I liked seeing Kansas City too. I really liked the area in the Plaza by the art museum. It reminded me of the Old Capital area; which is my favorite on campus.

I think some of my fears about moving to a new place were put to rest too. I guess all but one. I began to learn the city a bit because I drove around on my own and I could remember where I was going. I don't think it would be that hard to acclimate to learn new directions and such. That is one thing that I was worried about. I think there is plenty to do as well. The culture seems to be something that I would enjoy.

I was also impressed with the company. Everything was new and really nice. The work environment was also friendly. As we were walking through I started to imagine how I would decorate my cubical. I found that kind of humorous.

I guess all I can do now is wait. Interviews are done as well as the visit. I still can't believe how nice it was. It was kind of unreal.

I also had some free time to see Steve. Here is a picture of us from dinner. He has such a nice family. His daughter was so cute. I couldn't believe it. I kind of want one now; even though he and his wife said that I shouldn't ever have kids. Who knows. Maybe someday. I guess I need to update my To-Do List. I best get that set and then move on to get my Thank Yous written for the recruiters and some homework done.

No comments: