Thursday, May 29, 2008

keeping in mind their increasing ages we read with hope the obit pages

Sigh. Tomorrow is Friday! So when I got home from work today someone was waiting to get into the building. I asked, "Are you waiting for someone or do you need to be let in?" She answered, "Yes." I guess asked the typical American question, and I really got the answer I asked for. I should have just left it as, "Do you need to be let in?" Because that is what she really wanted. Maybe she was a programmer; that would have explained the answer.

In the book I'm reading, Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim, I read a chapter called The Girl Next Door. I was sitting there thinking it would be an exciting chapter, but I should have known. The author is gay, but I still had this thought in my mind that it would be about "the girl next door". It turned out the chapter was very entertaining even though it was about a nine year old. It wasn't sexual if you were wondering. No, I'm not like that.

I've always wondered what it would be like to live next to "the girl next door." For some reason I don't think it will ever happen; but maybe. According to wiki she doesn't need to live next door:

"The girl next door is always physically in close range, yet simultaneously detached from the male protagonist (she needn't literally live next door). She is the sweet-tempered girl he sees daily, a really great 'pal' friend, hence the "perfect" girl to take home to his parents. Often, she is a sexual virgin, and, because of that, her "innocent" manner is the façade of many American erotic fantasies portraying her "girl next door" image as the pretense behind which is the true, very sexually aggressive woman." from Girl next door - Wikipedia

Sounds interesting, but I still have my doubts. I was going to go downtown again to read, but the weather was bad. It is really sunny out now, but I think I'll spend tonight in my room. Sounds like time for a Diet Dew.

No comments: