Friday, December 5, 2008

hooray friday

Long week. I've spent way too much time in the DFM lab. I don't even want to think about it... I spent 12 hours in there today. That doesn't even include the rest of the week. I am SO glad tomorrow is Friday. I've been looking forward to it all week!

I really have. I'd say I wouldn't be so frustrated with the lab if all our group members would show up and work. It has been me and two others the whole time and one person just seems to not want to come. Project has to get done, but seriously?

I enjoy running the CNC mill. It is fun; I broke a drill bit in half when I was learning and my first few pieces sucked quite a bit, but now I'm pretty darn good at running it. We have to make a few more pieces because we cracked one piece when we were putting the turbine together. It looks like with a little more sweat the darn thing is actually going to work. Scary. I'll be happy if it works. I don't really care if it lights up the light bulb, but I do want it to tip out of the wind at high speeds.

I smell like metal shards.

Yay for tomorrow's activities. Dinner with Christie (and my parents!) and then out with Christie's friend and her boyfriend. I'm super excited.

No comments: