Saturday, September 12, 2009

engineering

I finally miss it.  On the walk home I realized I was a graduate.  I’m no longer in the college.  I miss all the people the most.  The late nights staying there working on our wind turbine; then going to Vitos for a good time afterwards.

I ran into Andy there the other day.  I miss hanging out with him.  He is a great guy.  I feel like I’ve been torn between friends.  I feel like I am struggling to make new ones; as always.  I just feel like I can’t let go of my old ones.  I love the people I was with the last four years too much.  I would drop anything for any of them.  They’re the greatest.

I think I finally hit that moment where I miss it.  The moment came sooner after high school, and in a different way.  Now I just feel like well everyone moved on.  I’m not ready to move on.  I am glad I’m where I landed, and it is what I want to do.  I just didn’t take advantage of my first few years in college.  The last year has been the best year of my life.  No doubt.  A year ago from this coming Saturday kicked it off.  I went to Pittsburgh, Chicago for the first time since I was young, Memphis, and Mexico.  I traveled more than ever.  I also took advantage of the most opportunities.  I coached two sports; I worked as a TA, and I was a summer camp counselor.  The last one was a life long dream, and it happened.  It is going to be tough to top all of this; I lived the best year of my life.  I shouldn’t expect anything less this next coming year, but I think my goals are different.

I only missed one question on my test today.  :-) I guess my new strategy is working.  Three tests next week :-D.  Bring them on.

No comments: