Tuesday, August 25, 2009

secrets

I went to the PostSecret.com talk today.  I’m glad I went.  I wish I had known about the website earlier.  Back when things were harder.

There was a point in the conversation where he stated that 90 of the people in the room would think about suicide in the next year, and 24 would attempt it.  Then he went on to say that we needed to help these people; if we were a friend to make sure that they didn’t have any strong prescription drugs in their room.  I feel the need to share my secret now.  I was one of those kids.  I never mentioned it directly in my blog, but if one goes back and reads it I’m sure that it would be clear.

http://jarodj.blogspot.com/2008/06/bottom-of-barrel.html

I had some leftover from when I had my wisdom teeth removed.  I was ashamed of it, but now I’m willing to admit what happened.  It wasn’t the most pleasant thing to do to my body, but no one was there to tell me it was wrong.  People knew about it but did nothing.  I ran out and that was the end of it.

I have a lighter secret I want to share as well.  I didn’t stand up in front of the crowd to share tonight because I will probably put them on postcards and send in.

Every time I see a Ford Taurus I look to see if it is you.

I should have studied instead of writing this tonight, but I felt guilty not coming clean.

No comments: