Tuesday, August 18, 2009

all we have is who we are

Welcome home.  I’m finally back from all my vacationing and camp stuff.  I am frustrated for many reasons.

My vacations were fun.  Memphis with Upward Bound was amazing.  The kids had a ton of fun, and I learned a lot on the trip.  I’m glad that I was selected to go.  If I could do it again I would.  Dental School won’t really allow for me to work as a counselor.  I might apply to teach, but I don’t know how far that will go.

I also went to Puerto Vallarta.  It was my big trip before I begin the next part of my life.  I felt like I just needed to go enjoy myself.  In a way it was deserved.  Kind of an end cap to the best year of my life.  I finally got off my butt and did something.  Not quite a “Yes-man” but a positive improvement.

I am on lunch from orientation right now.  It kind of surprises me how many people are married.  It kind of sucks.  I wonder if I’ll find anyone I can marry.  :-/  I have some personal barriers I have to get through first; I’m sure those will take a few years to overcome, but maybe by then my mind will be more clear.

I’m going to get back to lunch!  Maybe this afternoon I can clean and get my life together.

No comments: